Saturday, August 26, 2006

My favorite place



THIS evening I fired up the burn barrel in my back yard. I have so many tallow trees (11) its not funny. I get a lot of dead limbs from over 17 mature trees on my property. (including oak and pecan tees) Tallow was introduced to Texas from China in the 1930s; they grew rampant and filled in the open prairies...... that's why the Texas prairie chicken is almost extinct. Tallows are now considered "rubbish trees".
I seem to collect skulls on my swing, I have many more skulls indoors. The swing is one of my favorite places for morning coffee and I can watch my chickens from there.
Diamond coyote likes the yard.

2 comments:

floots said...

great swing seat
i like the skulls
(and diamond coyote)
cheers

Polyman2 said...

Skull collector?
Any from past bad lovers?