Friday, June 13, 2008

me on the job


A co worker took this pic of me today. I am really enjoying my job.... I make up small signs for merchandise using the store computers and then I draw and design large signs for merchandise, promotions and store events. I much prefer this from selling appliances and respect my managers for recognising "talent" and recommending me for this job.
I am underpaid but the Home Depot is 4 miles from my house so not a lot of ga$. I'd much rather work at my location than commute to a higher paying job and pay too much $ for ga$.
Life is good and I definitely don't sweat the small stuff, especially in retail. If ya did, it would kill you!

1 comment:

Monsoon said...

Hey Nina! Looking good, and you are just really cute you know!

Like the picture, and the sign. Did you really make it? No wonder, as you seem to be able to make anything like that. I am SO enjoying my calender that hang sin my kitchen. It is beautiful.
I am glad to hear that you are enjoying your work, and life treats you well. And kudos to your management that gave you that kind of job instead for selling. That is great!! I bet they are ssatisfied to the core woth your work. And I agree with you; better toearn a little less here, than having to drive for miles and miles and having to spend an awful amount of dollars on gas. Talking aobut gas; the gas is insaenly expensive here in Norway. At the moment we pay a whopping 14 $ per gallon!! I saw that the average cost in US is 3,9 $ per gallon. I think it is fucking unfair! We've dug up oil since the 70's, yet the government still won't give us cheaper gas. A lot of the income on gas goes straight into the state's "pockets". Argh!

I am done with my work practise and I passed both that and by thesis about/on the work practise. So now I have 8 weeks of holidays. Yay!

Love xxx EV ;-)