Wednesday, June 13, 2007

arched

I just finished this piece of art. I can't help but psychoanalize. I've been sick for 5 days... sweating & horking up all kinds of viral matter... I hate being sick and it makes me so depressed...
Anyway. Here's me, surrounded by my animals... The arch kind of sanctifies us ? it also protects us ?.... but behind us is a deep black abyss... If I were to step backward.... We would fall and fall. It reminds me how I don't have anyone to rely on these days and that I have to keep on pushing myself, expecially after the hellpit I went through last year. Must keep moving forward.
Funny how I miss Sarah now that she's in Virginia on her internship. We don't see much of each other when she's in Houston. But I miss her now.

2 comments:

Monsoon said...

First; thank you so much for your comment my dear!

This is a beautiful piece Nina. It really is. Though it is a bit sad too, judging by your interpretation of it.

Yeah, having someone to rely on, is in some stages in life, very important. And when we don't have that, we have only ourself. Not nearly enough! I am kinda there myself I so wish there was someone here, to support and guide and just share the every day life with me.

I am sad you miss Sarah, yet it is very understandable. I hope you will get to see her soon. How about a trip to Virginia? I bet she'd love for you to come. I know I always LOVED when mum came when I lived in Oslo.

Being sick totally sucks, no doubt. Get well soon my friend!

Love you!

Eilen :-)

kathi said...

Your art is so Americana, very rich. This of you, though it's not 'americana', is almost spiritual. When I saw it first, before I read the post that accompanied it, I thought of it as coming out of the darkness into the light along with those that comfort and love you...your pets. That is something I can definitely relate to.